Today’s emerging threat landscape and increasingly aggressive attacks present serious risk to organizations’ systems and information. Securing this logical world is a continuous cycle of detecting and deterring attacks and developing responses to new attack vectors.
TWD security experts can help you identify your assets and secure their access by designing and implementing an agile, adaptive network security solution that is based on three fundamental drivers: policy, people, and technology.
Against the backdrop of a rapidly changing fraud landscape, the effectiveness of your overall security strategy is dependent on the individual strength of your policy, your people, and your technology.
TWD understands the interplay of these drivers. As a result, we take a holistic approach with our IT security services to:
- Write and implement sound security policies that document why and how to operate securely
- Train your users to be aware of the risks, their role in protecting assets, and to follow established policy
- Select and implement industry-leading and innovative security technologies that aid in enforcing policy and automate defensive and forensic measures
Our security professionals are industry-certified subject matter experts (SMEs) that are up-to-date on constantly changing technological trends and influences that impact the security and safeguarding of data.
TWD staff is responsible for engineering and maintaining network architectures and the layers of security required with the classification of data. For example, TWD maintains a SECRET level network for a client that has stringent Department of Defense (DoD) mandates for data security. TWD also effects processes and procedures to resolve data spillages expeditiously and reduce the impact of both downtime and data loss.
TWD applies our expertise and thought leadership to developing innovative cyber security services as well as designs and implements agile cyber security solutions that cover the areas of Network Defense and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (see tabs below for more details).
TWD employs industry-certified personnel with specializations in network security:
- Cisco Certified Internetworking Experts (CCIE) – Such certifications are the cornerstone of IT networking. Our CCIE professionals architect and implement secure solutions for our clients.
- Cisco Certified Network Professionals (CCNP) – These certifications represent mid-level to senior expertise. TWD CCNP professionals maintain, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Cisco Certified Security Professionals (CCSP) – The watchdogs of network security implementations, CCSP professionals’ skillsets are centered on enhanced security inclusive of Internet Protocol (IP) Sec 3DES MD5 256bit encryption, SSL-VPN, Kerberos, CHAP, MS-CHAP, Access-Lists, and other security-focused protocols and technologies.
TWD has more than 20 years of extensive, demonstrated experience in security solutions that protect our customers’ network infrastructures and information assets. We can apply our resulting deep knowledge and expertise to developing, deploying, and maintaining an effective security solution for you.
Our customer security solutions include the development of a network security solution for the Naval Sea System Command (NAVSEA) Digital Media Suite enclave of unified communications – and the architecture and maintenance of Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) facilities for NAVSEA.
TWD IT security subject matter experts provide a full range of network defense tools and services to minimize risk, increase your visibility and control, and secure your network systems and information. The team’s experience encompasses a broad range of security areas, including:
- Firewalls TWD network engineers are trained and experienced in the implementation of industry-leading Palo Alto Networks and Cisco firewall technologies.
- Network Defense TWD highly scalable deployments of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) that utilize Palo Alto Networks, ranked by Gartner as a ‘Leader.’ TWD also implements Cisco’s Adaptive Security Appliance devices and modern Nexus and Catalyst switches, and is well-versed in operations and deployment of layers 1-4 of the 7-layer Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Anti-Virus We deploy Trojan, virus, bot, and malware mitigation technologies and have received Navy Flag-level acknowledgment for our successful implementations. TWD has an expansive skillset for both client-based and clientless deployments, and have an expertise in policy that has delivered security features to our DoD customers. Technology partners include but are not limited to Hercules, Symantec Endpoint Detection, and McAfee Active Virus Scan Suite.
- Monitoring We provide proactive monitoring services and have deployed technologies that centralize the infrastructure into a GUI-based monitoring implementation. We have expertise with SolarWinds, Cisco LAN Management System (LMS), and Hewlett Packard OpenView technologies. The capabilities that we deliver as part of centralization of monitoring include:
- Proactive monitoring to detect and resolve issues prior to the user even logging incident requests
- Real-time status on infrastructure health
- Identification of potential intrusions and pinpointing of locality of potential points of intrusion
- Root cause analysis of network or system degradation
- Adherence to Policies TWD conforms to the requirements of DoD 800-37 and 800-53 IA controls. We ensure that deployed systems and networks meet the stringent requirements placed by these policies and utilize tools that are inclusive of vulnerability scanners and NIST certified Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) monitoring tools.
Today’s organizations have a multitude of reasons to protect information due to the sensitive and proprietary nature of the data that they hold in their systems. Some – including government agencies and financial institutions – must adhere to strict laws and regulations that codify their obligation to protect information with substantial penalties for security failures and data breaches.
Our TWD team of certified security professionals has deep knowledge and experience designing and implementing industry-leading innovative cyber security solutions. We ensure compliance on systems and areas that range from “unclassified” to “Top Secret” security levels:
- For more than 15 years, TWD has provided GRC support for our DoD and federal civilian agency clients, ensuring that they meet the critical requirements issued by the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and comply with certification and accreditation (C&A) processes.
- Our TWD IT personnel are well-versed in E-MASS, the information workflow utilized to deliver system security, C&A, and FISMA-dependent status for review by the accrediting authority to operate on a DoD network. We successfully have implemented more than 80 system and network Authority to Operate (ATOs) that allow the system to be connected to a DoD network.