- LICENSE GRANT. The TWD Website is provided by TWD, and this TOU provides to you a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use the TWD Website and review the materials displayed on the TWD Website conditioned on your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this TOU. This TOU permits you to use for personal or internal business purposes only the TWD Website, which has been provided for general reference purposes only and which is not intended to serve as legal or professional advice or information.
- RESTRICTIONS. The foregoing license is limited. Accordingly, you may not use, store, reproduce, display, modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use in any manner or for any purpose not expressly permitted herein the TWD Website.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. You expressly acknowledge and agree that TWD transfers no ownership or intellectual property interest or title in or to the TWD Website to you or anyone else. All text, graphics, visual interfaces, photographs, sounds, artwork, computer code (including html code), programs, software, products, information, and documentation as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel,” and arrangement of any content contained on or available through the TWD Website, unless otherwise indicated, are owned, controlled, or licensed by TWD. Except as expressly provided herein, TWD reserves all other rights express or implied. This TWD Website is Copyright © 2012 TWD & Associates, Inc. and/or its licensors. TWD also owns a copyright in the contents of the TWD Website as a collective work and/or compilation and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of the content of the TWD Website. Any downloadable or printable programs, directories, information, or materials available through the TWD Website, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by TWD. TWD and all other names, logos, and icons identifying TWD and its programs, products, and services are proprietary trademarks of TWD, and any use of such marks, including, without limitation, as domain names or search terms, without the express written permission of TWD is strictly prohibited. Other service and entity names mentioned on the TWD Website may be the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.
- DISCLAIMER. THE TWD WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ACCORDINGLY, TWD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY UNDER THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT AS ENACTED BY ANY STATE. TWD ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE TWD WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE OR IN AN UNINTERRUPTED FASHION OR THAT ANY FILES OR INFORMATION THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES. TWD may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the Internet. These sites are maintained by third parties over whom TWD exercises no control. Accordingly, and in addition to the foregoing disclaimer, TWD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT, THE MATERIALS, THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, AND/OR THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY, AVAILABLE THROUGH, OR ADVERTISED ON THESE THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any Website or the products or services provided by any third party.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You expressly absolve and release TWD from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond TWD’s control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other connection problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes, or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL TWD BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE TWD WEBSITE, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE TWD WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY TOOLS, INFORMATION, OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE TWD WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF TWD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF TWD FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE TWD WEBSITE SHALL NOT EXCEED $999.
- GOVERNING LAW. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced solely in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Virginia, U.S.A. as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the Commonwealth of Virginia. You and TWD each agree to submit to the exclusive subject matter jurisdiction, personal jurisdiction, and venue of the courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia for any disputes between us under or arising out of this TOU. You also agree to waive any right to a jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to this TOU and acknowledge that either party may seek attorney’s fees in any proceeding. You also acknowledge and agree that any applicable state law implementation of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (including any available remedies or laws) shall not apply to this TOU and is hereby disclaimed.
- TERM AND TERMINATION. This TOU and your right to use the TWD Website will take effect at the moment you install, access, or use the TWD Website and are effective until terminated as set forth below. This TOU will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with this TOU, subject to the survival rights of certain provisions identified below. Termination will be effective without notice. You may also terminate this TOU at any time by ceasing to use the TWD Website, but all applicable provisions of this TOU will survive termination, as identified below. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of any aspect of the TWD Website in your possession or under your control. In addition to the miscellaneous section below, the provisions concerning TWD’s proprietary restrictions, proprietary rights, disclaimers of warranty, limitations of liability, and governing law will survive the termination of this TOU for any reason.
- MISCELLANEOUS. You acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this TOU will cause irreparable injury to TWD, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and TWD would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that TWD shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this TOU. Accordingly, you hereby waive any requirement that TWD post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to TWD to enforce any provision of this TOU. The parties agree that this TOU is for the benefit of the parties hereto as well as TWD’s licensors. Accordingly, this TOU is personal to you, and you may not assign your rights or obligations to any other person or entity without TWD’s prior written consent. Failure by TWD to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this TOU will not operate as a waiver by TWD of that or any subsequent default or failure of performance. If any provision (or part thereof) contained in this TOU is determined to be void, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or on account of a conflict with an applicable government regulation or law, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions (or parts thereof) contained herein and the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable clause shall be modified in compliance with applicable law in a manner that most closely matches the intent of the original language. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and TWD as result of this TOU or your utilization of the TWD Website. Headings herein are for convenience only. This TOU represents the entire agreement between you and TWD with respect to use of the TWD Website, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between you and TWD with respect to the TWD Website. Unless otherwise agreed to by TWD, please note that TWD reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this TOU and the manner under which the TWD Website (and its functionality) is extended to you by providing you notice or a copy of such revised terms. TWD may also change or modify any aspect of the TWD Website. Your continued use of the TWD Website will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any change to this TOU or the TWD Website.