IT Security Solutions
As technology enables more paths to your systems and information – your users, endpoints, and lines of defense become blurred. The sheer volume of data surrounding cybersecurity operations becomes more overwhelming each day. Securing this world of ethereal connections is a continuous cycle of detecting and deterring threats and developing new responses to new attack vectors.
TWD IT security solutions are at the forefront of advanced approaches to defending your organization against an increasingly aggressive threat environment. We provide a comprehensive suite of cybersecurity systems that makes certification and accreditation more efficient and faster, that help you comply with strict industry and government policies and regulations, and that provide you with the best network defense.
A changing fraud landscape demands an agile IT security solution. TWD enables you to manage evolving threats and minimize your risk effectively across all of your endpoints with responsive, innovative cybersecurity systems that deliver information assurance for the following areas:
The TWD cybersecurity solutions team is proficient in leading security technologies and best practices, and provides a full range of network defense tools and services to minimize risk, increase your visibility and control, and secure your network systems and information:
- Our network engineers are trained and experienced in the implementation of Palo Alto Networks and Cisco firewalls.
- TWD Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) help detect and prevent network intrusions by unauthorized users. Technologies that we utilize for these solutions include Palo Alto Networks firewalls, Sourcefire, Cisco IPS 4300 and Cisco Catalyst 6500.
- TWD uses cutting-edge Palo Alto 5050 network appliances for SSL deep inspection, tunnel termination, intrusion detection and prevention, and firewall technology.
- We incorporate Fidelis XPS for data loss prevention (DLP) and protection against Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
- We employ a variety of leading technologies for our malware detection and prevention systems including Hercules, Symantec Endpoint Detection, and McAfee Active Virus Scan Suite.
- TWD network security professionals are experienced in configuring:
- LAN server-to-workstation security using IP Sec 3DES MD5 168bit encryption with 3Com 10/100 Mbps Secure NICs
- network router-to-router security using IP Sec 3DES MD5 168bit encryption with Nortel Passport routers and 3Com SuperStack NETBuilder router IP tunneling/encapsulation using point-to-point protocol
- We conduct network system analysis using CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution software to:
- detect and defend proactively against network anomalies
- identify root causes of network degradation of service
- We provide network security incident event management, vulnerability scanners, and protocol analyzers using ArcSight, NetWitness, ThreatGuard, Harris STAT, Fluke Networks OptiView, and NIST certified Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) monitoring tools.
Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC)
Our TWD team of certified security professionals has deep knowledge and experience designing and implementing industry-leading innovative cybersecurity solutions. We ensure compliance on systems and areas that range from “unclassified” to “ top secret” security levels:
- For more than 15 years, TWD has provided GRC support for our Department of Defense (DoD) and federal civilian agency clients, ensuring that they meet the critical requirements issued by the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and comply with certification and accreditation (C&A) processes.
- Our TWD IT security technologies experts utilize ComplyVision, a tool that automates the preparation and maintenance of C&A documentation in a continuous compliance monitoring environment.
- We couple the ComplyVision tool with your repository and archiving tools – such as the TrustedAgent FISMA tool and the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) application – to create a complete solution for preparation, workflow, and archiving of FISMA and C&A documentation.
TWD applies more than 20 years of extensive, demonstrated experience to developing, deploying, and maintaining effective cybersecurity solutions for our clients. We can assist you in a range of needs with solutions that deliver information assurance for your critical systems and information.
We have assisted with the following IT security solutions and cybersecurity systems for our customers:
- TWD currently provides network defense support to NAVSEA Command Information Office and to CWIN for DHS.
- We provide network security to the border of the NAVSEA Digital Media Suite enclave of unified communications and for CWIN using Cisco ASA firewalls, such as the ASA 5510.
- TWD protects network endpoints from malware, viruses, and other threats for NAVSEA using Hercules, Symantec Endpoint Protection, and McAfee Virus Scan Suite, and for CWIN using Symantec AntiVirus.
- We use the NESSUS scanning tool for CWIN to scan for – and mitigate – vulnerabilities.
- TWD utilizes port security on Cisco Catalyst 6504 switches to ensure that no unauthorized devices can be connected to CWIN.
- TWD has architected and maintained Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) facilities for NAVSEA – including the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and Dahlgren, Virginia locations – to ensure that system workflows could be operated continuously.
Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC)
- Since the mid-1990s,TWD has provided C&A documentation, development, and FISMA support for:
- DoN NAVSEA clients, including the Program Executive Office for Littoral Combat System and the Command Information Office (CIO)
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Treasury