Enterprise Information Technology
From communications to critical workloads, you have a lot riding on your technology. Today’s technology boasts features and functionality that are far more robust than those of even a few years ago. But the demands of evolving technology can take a toll on a network that is not structured to handle it. The foundation of your IT infrastructure, your network supports the technology that helps you run your business.
Regardless of your business size and reach, TWD's IT management services and solutions start from the ground up, helping you establish a strong network architecture that you can build on. Our solutions help you integrate your Enterprise IT technology investment with your business goals; unify voice, video, and data applications; manage your enterprise systems centrally; and enable you to scale up or down, depending on your business needs.
Distilling the Complexity
TWD enterprise information technology supports your business operations with a range of capabilities, services, and solutions that include:
- Audio Video Engineering – TWD makes complex, advanced audio video solutions easy to use, easy to support, and cost-effective for our customers. Services include:
- Video Teleconferencing – We design and install both point-to-point and multi-point video teleconferencing systems. TWD is a Cisco Telepresence Video Migration Express Authorized Technology Partner.
- Digital Media – We design and implement your digital media platform for instant and effective communications to target audiences that include your customers, employees, partners, or other users. TWD is a Cisco Authorized Digital Media System (DMS) Partner.
- Systems Engineering – From defining your business needs to designing and implementing the technology, TWD systems engineering ensures that your complex projects are successful. Types of projects include:
- Server and Desktop Virtualization – TWD solutions help you take advantage of underutilized server resources, and allow you to deliver desktop applications more efficiently.
- Smartphone Integration – We help you incorporate and maximize the power of these “handheld PCs” into your environment – and help you establish policies around the escalating “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) trend.
- Centralized Collaboration – TWD helps you implement effective voice/video/data sharing within your intranet or extranet.
- Cloud Computing/Hosted Applications – We help you take advantage of the emerging cloud technology and virtualization of applications and servers.
- IPv6 Implementation – In addition to many enhancements over the current version 4, Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) enables more devices and users on the Internet, and provides more flexibility in allocating addresses and efficiencies for routing traffic. TWD helps you prepare for and implement IPv6, which quickly is becoming a requirement for both government and industry.
- WAN and MAN Engineering – TWD builds, implements, and supports wide-area networks (WANs) and metropolitan area networks (MANs) with a thorough understanding of the core technologies: Multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVN) for secure private networks, as well as dynamic routing protocols – including Border Gateway Protocol – that are critical to designing the network interface with telecommunication circuit providers.
- LAN Engineering – We design and implement local-area networks (LANs) with a faster Ethernet that allows for the integration of video into your network and virtualization. We implement intelligent firewalls that enable secure social networking without completely blocking access.
- Data Center Engineering – With the emergence of cloud computing and virtualization technologies, the data center continues to collapse into fewer and fewer individual boxes, blurring the lines between network and systems engineering. TWD designs and implements data center solutions for you that tap into both our network and systems engineering capabilities and expertise. Our specialized Fibre channel over Ethernet (FCoE) integration is an encapsulation of fiber frames over Ethernet networks made possible by network switch convergence pioneered by Cisco.
- Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) with Cisco FabricPath enables accelerated network configuration and Layer 2 transport between data centers.
- I/O Virtualization – TWD I/O virtualization simplifies management, lowers costs, and improves the performance of servers in your enterprise environment by reducing the number of connections running to each device. Server memory, disk space, and processors can reside in different banks and are assigned dynamically as needed to build a server running over a VMware kernel.
- Network Management – From operation and administration to maintenance and provisioning, TWD helps you develop and implement a network management solution that fits your business and budget.
Putting Technology to Work for You
TWD applies its 20+ years of experience, capabilities, and expertise in enterprise information technology to drive the design, implementation, and maintenance of solid IT infrastructures and solutions that support your business goals and processes today, and that scale to accommodate business growth and new technologies.
Our technology systems capabilities include:
Our technology services include:
TWD’s support of important customer initiatives has expanded our expertise and provided significant new and enhanced mission capabilities. Read more about these capabilities in our DHS NCCIC and CWIN customer stories.