Information Transport Systems
The backbone of your unified communications, information transport systems support the movement of data, voice, and video for your networked systems.
TWD delivers on the full scope of requirements for your information transport system for both classified and unclassified transmissions. With broad experience in structured cabling for voice, data, and video mediums, TWD can design, engineer, and install a high-capacity solution that aligns with your budget and supports your mission requirements – today and tomorrow.
Forging Reliable Communication Paths
Whether you are implementing key elements of a larger information transport system (such as vertical and horizontal wiring and closet and station equipment) or the most advanced, next-generation technology solution – TWD can help.
Our team is trained, specialized, and/or certified as follows:
- Installers are trained on industry standards issued by the Building Industry Consulting Services International (BICSI)
- Engineers carry industry-recognized BICSI RCDD certifications
- Engineers and technicians carry the latest certifications from leading manufacturers – including Panduit, Hubbell, Mohawk, Hitachi Cable systems, Berk-Tek OASIS, and Sumitomo FutureFLEX Air-Blown Fiber systems
- The team is experienced with all types of structured cabling for voice, data, and video mediums including advanced secure color-keyed 10-gigabit fiber and copper
- Our installers have specific expertise with single-mode and multi-mode air-blown fiber and the most advanced copper cabling with bandwidths up to 350 MHz Cat5e and 600 MHz Cat6
- Technicians are equipped with the latest installation and testing tools
TWD provides design and engineering drawings and “as-built” documentation in a variety of formats including AutoCAD and Visio, with detailed closet elevations and cable test reports.
To support our offerings, TWD operates a 10,000 square foot warehouse at our Beltsville, Maryland location and a 3,000 square foot test lab and 2,500 square foot warehouse at its Springfield, Virginia Engineering and Technology Center (ETC).
TWD operates a fleet of service vehicles – including bucket trucks – that can provide immediate deployment to customer locations to support outside plant aerial and underground installations, and heavy-duty delivery vehicles for sites requiring large material shipments.
Building on a Solid Framework - Cable Infrastructure
Our experienced team can meet all of your information transport system needs for classified and unclassified voice, video, and data transmissions. Our solutions deliver reliability and availability performance, with high capacity bandwidth that you can grow into.
TWD solutions range in scope and complexity for diverse customer requirements, as referenced in the following examples of our work:
- TWD designed, engineered, and installed a 10-gigabyte, color-keyed infrastructure project for an executive-level communications agency, which included a complete cabling infrastructure matrix with extensive labeling schematic, as-built cable diagrams, and cable testing results.
- TWD supported the Department of Justice’s effort to centralize agencies into one headquarters location by installing a Gigabit-capable copper cabling for a secure network, full horizontal infrastructure build-out in multiple zone configuration of telecom rooms, data centers, and network operations centers (NOCs), including horizontal deployment through ceiling system for more than 4500 seat locations. In performing this project, TWD’s workmanship met all industry (ANSI, EIA/TIA, and BICSI) standards and achieved the client timeline for operational readiness.
- Since 1991, TWD has provided cabling infrastructure support services to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) National Institute of Health (NIH). Project tasks have included requirements analysis; network design, implementation, documentation, and testing; fiber optic and copper cable systems installations (including outside plant, riser, backbone, and horizontal distribution systems); LAN/WAN network infrastructure deployments; installation and maintenance of telephone and LAN equipment; building infrastructure design; help desk support, and on-demand services such as splice equipment/vehicles and emergency repairs. Many of the NIH requirements are associated with the HHS county-wide communication system (comprised of 60,000 terminals and five ESS/ISDN switches) that delivers turn-key video, telephone, and voice mail services to thousands of users. TWD has completed significant projects for NIH including multiple phase, multiple building installations encompassing over 2000 workstations and four million linear feet of cable, as well as daily ongoing MAC (moves, adds, and changes) work.
- TWD has installed a total of over eight million linear feet of copper cable, equating to about 1500 miles of installed information transport system for DHS. In addition, we installed over two-and-one-half million feet (about 500 miles) of fiber in support of DHS HSDN and LAN C high-security networks. We have provided more than 650 secure SCIF seats at locations such as the NAC, Vermont Ave, Glebe Road, and DNDO. We have also provided more than 6500 non-secure SBU seats at locations such as Glebe Road, Ballston I, Vermont Ave, New York Ave, 7th & D, and DNDO. We are a major provider of copper and fiber backbone cabling, Air Blown Fiber (ABF) installation, and Cable TV (CATV) infrastructure for these locations.